It is good news for Sporting Clubs around Ireland – the 2018 Sports Capital Programme (SCP) has been announced by the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Shane Ross T.D. and the Minister of State for Tourism and Sport, Brendan Griffin T.D.
€40 million has been made available.
Any sporting club that wishes to improve their facilities are encouraged to apply for the grant. Along with a more streamlined process for application, schools are now included as eligible for the Sports Capital Programme as long as they do so in conjunction with a sports club.
Our team in Electric Skyline have helped many sporting venues with their applications over the years and seen the programme transform sports facilities throughout Ireland. Our services include design right through to commissioning. Our approach to each project includes all aspects from columns, gears, floodlights, cabling, trenching, mains distribution, generators and control devices. We provide a full detail of project costs so you are always in control.
We can assist you with your grant applications removing the hassle of any design or planning issues. We will also deal with any operational matters such as how much light is required for your facility and how will this impact on the surrounding environment right through to how you can both minimise installation and maintenance costs.
Light up your sporting venue with LED lighting solutions from Electric Skyline and your venue could benefit by:
- Increased membership and retention of membership
- Easily identifiable return on investment
- Adaptability to future demands
- New technology provides a better playing experience
- Easy installation and upkeep
- Improved safety
We recommend if you have a suitable project register as soon as possible and start the application process internally within your club. Things to note for the application process – especially take note of dates and times:
- Applications can only be made online from 9am Friday 7th September 2018 until 5pm Friday 19th October, 2018.
- Sports clubs must be registered on OSCAR by Friday 5th October, 2018. REGISTER HERE
- Schools are included as long as the application is in conjunction with a sports club.
- Final applications can be made online up to 5pm Friday 19th October, 2018.
- Guide to making an application
For more information on how Electric Skyline can assist you with your sporting lighting requirements call us on +353 (0)94 9360954 or Email Us